Viva Las Vegas!

Monday, August 9, 2010

And oh, we had a great time -- spent a chunk of time out at Hoover Dam and Lake Mead, walked around the Strip, walked around the Bellagio (that place is practically a small city -- walking around it is no small shakes), saw some great shows and generally relaxed and enjoyed ourselves.

And I'm pretty happy with the way I was eating over the weekend -- I did my best to stick with reasonably acceptable food (I originally wrote 'reasonably healthy', then realized that scrambled eggs, steak, and margaritas probably don't fall in that category). Yes, there was a bounce in weight, but I also started my period on Saturday morning, and I always swell up like a sponge during the Crimson Tide (plus, ahem, *output* has slowed to a crawl). It'll come off in two days.

I also learned something interesting yesterday. As 1) it was Cheat Day, 2) we were running around like maniacs trying to get to the Luxor to see the Titanic exhibit before getting on the plane, and 3) the both of us were starving, I indulged in a crispy chicken sandwich and fries from the Luxor McDonald's for breakfast, and half a burger and half an order of curly fries from an airport restaurant. I was only able to finish half an order because after three weeks of eating decent food, fast food is really sort of gross. Both the chicken sandwich and burger were tasteless and overly greasy, and even my beloved fries were...eh. To add insult to injury, my stomach got moderately upset after the McDonald's, and I felt bloated and gassy for the rest of the day. By the time we got home, I slugged down a protein shake with gratitude.

So, fast food -- ultimately, pretty yucky. The bag of peanut M&Ms I shared with Lyndon, however, were fabulous (well, it IS chocolate, you know).

WEIGHT: 311.2

FOOD FOR THE DAY: Breakfast was a SB meal bar, lunch was a Thai chicken wrap and a small Caesar salad. I think I may well thaw out some steak tonight and have that with a salad for dinner, and some clementines for dessert.

0 comments: