26 laps

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

After today's food fest I thought I'd go to the gym and work some of it off on the bike, then realized 1) I've already been on the bike twice this week and 2) I really needed a shower. With that in mind, I decided to do laps in the pool instead. Which turned out to be great, as the moon was perfectly placed to throw a carpet of silver across the water and made swimming eminently cool (yeah, I have pool lights -- they attract mosquitos and June bugs in the summer. Moving on--).

I'm very pleased to discover that I can now swim for 10 minutes straight, which takes up 26 laps (or 650 feet in my pool). Granted, I was panting and exhausted at the end of it, but by God I did it. So I can swim for 10 minutes, and bike for 40. Now I have to get to the point where I can do it concurrently. After that, I have to practice running for 10 minutes non-stop, then add THAT in at the end.

Fuck the scale. I felt great when I got out of the gym last night, and I feel damn good right now. The weight will come off when it comes off -- in the meantime, I'm getting stronger and more fit. (Still have to work on the food, though.)

0 comments: