Yes, I'm still training

Sunday, September 26, 2010

I haven't been posting much here because to be honest, I've been absolutely frustrated with the way I swelled up as of 9/10 and pretty much stayed somewhere between 312-313 for two weeks. I can tell it's water weight because of the way my feet look and the way my gut goes drum-tight -- and as far as my doctor can tell it's hormone-related because my body doesn't really want to be and apart from a Lasix IV there's not a damned thing I can do about it. I can cut out the salt, drink water all day long, chug minerals meant to balance my electrolytes, take OTC diuretics (and enjoy the racing heart and panic attacks that come with those), and nothing fucking works. Needless to say, it's a bit fucking discouraging, and while I know I should woman up and keep posting, to be honest the weight gain was just humiliating. It would be nice to say I just trained on through it, but to be honest it's extraordinarily uncomfortable when I swell up like that, which makes it hard to work out. I still got to the gym, just not every day, and not as enthusiastically as I would have liked.

The swelling going down now, which is good. I have no idea why, but it's going down. And today's Cheat Day, so I indulged with a Five Guys burger -- go me. And now, off to the gym.

WEIGHT: 310.4 pounds

FOOD FOR THE DAY: a single patty Five Guys burger, 3/4 of a regular order of fries, 1 Weight Watchers toffee crunch ice cream bar, 1 PB sandwich, 1 cup carb controlled yogurt.

0 comments: