Training with Stretch

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Stretch is a coworker whom I've inveigled into coming to the gym with me -- tonight was only her second night, and she promptly marched across the gym doing lunges with weights. I have never been so proud of my enabling powers. She did mention that her arms were a little achy from the first night, and that she probably wouldn't be able to walk on Monday and it would all be my fault. I told her she had a chair on wheels, and to get her bandmate to wheel her anywhere she needs to go.

Well, hey, it made sense to me.

In the meantime, I'm discovering that it's fun having a weightlifting buddy because you can moan and complain to someone as you work out. And in other positive news, I've just discovered that a Starbucks Grande Mocha Frappucino Light with no whipped cream is only 180 calories. Because every so often, a woman needs a cold, chocolatey, caffeinated treat after a long, hot day, dammit.

0 comments: