EUUURGHH!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

I love making that noise in the gym, I really do, which is why I usually go when it's deserted so people don't wonder where the camel in labor is. And since Wednesdays is usually Push Day (I do the three-day split workout from Stumptuous.com -- push, pull and legs), yesterday I got to do bench presses, tricep presses, shoulder presses, crunches, and I threw in a set of upright rows just because I felt like it. Still can't do deadlifts -- the knees just won't support my weight in a squat -- but those will come, those will come.

Have I mentioned how much I love weightlifting? I don't know if it's linked to my naturally violent tendencies or I just like grunting a lot, but this really is one of my all-time favorite exercises. And one of the few nice things about being a broad broad is that nobody expects you to be delicate and feminine, so I've never had anyone make stupid comments like "Oh, you're lifting too heavy," or "You just want to tone" or "the pretty pink dumbbells are in the corner over there."

Thank you, no, I'll stay over here with the nice black free weights. I did pick up a 35 lb dumbbell last night just to see if I could curl it -- um, no. But in a couple of months? Heh, heh, heh...

0 comments: