Iiinteresting...

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Did you know that generic levothyroxine (aka generic Synthroid) can be up to 30% less effective than the name brand stuff, and can show dramatic differences as to how it's taken up and distributed in the body?

Did you know that some of the side effects reported with generic levothyroxine include:

dizziness
heart palpitations
fatigue
depression
recurrent sinus infections
joint pain
brain fog
problems remembering things
edema

Did you know that I've been on generic levothyroxine for years, now, and have experienced:

dizziness
heart palpitations
fatigue
depression
recurrent sinus infections
joint pain
brain fog
problems remembering things
edema

With the dizziness, fatigue, heart palps and edema hitting really hard in the last six months.

I just turned in my renewed Synthroid scrip, and told the pharmacist that I want the name brand, NOT the generic. It may take a couple of days to see an effect, but believe me, I will be watching this.

Oh, by the way, 30 laps last night. Go me.

0 comments: