Just in case you thought I was some kind of saint

Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm not. Yes, I've been good about doing the walking and keeping an eye on what I eat, but sometimes I also think, "Fuck it" and fling caution to the winds.

Such as today, when breakfast was two pieces of leftover deep dish pizza. Mmm...deep dish. We're lucky enough to have a really good Chicago-style pizza place here (called, appropriately enough, Chicago St. Pizza), and by now they recognize my voice when I call and order a medium deep dish, sausage only, for pickup.

Then this afternoon I had an unusual but intense craving for good ice cream. Since the Paciugo in the new strip mall across the street STILL isn't open, dammit, I settled for a double scoop cone of Amaretto and Cheesecake ice cream from Marble Slab Creamery. Good stuff, Maynard, and it hit the spot nicely.

Yeah, I could probably lose weight faster if I ate nothing but unprocessed foods and never allowed sugar to pass my lips. But screw it, where's the fun in that?

0 comments: