I appear to have done something interesting to my toe

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Specifically the toe next to the big toe on my left foot. More specifically, it doesn't want to straighten out completely, and when I put weight on it it complains. Loudly.

I suspect I have done something to the first joint joining the tarsal and metatarsal. I don't think it's broken -- it's not lumpy/swollen/discolored and while it hurts it CAN support my weight -- but a sprain is certainly possible, And it made today's walk more than a little difficult, to the point where I had to sit down for a bit on a little stone wall and rest the foot. Yeah, have I mentioned that this whole growing older stuff sucks donkey balls?

At least I did get the walk in. And I took lots of pictures of the storm damage in the complex -- compared to other parts of the Metroplex we got off lightly, but there are at least 7 downed trees, two downed light posts, a flagpole that is now parallel to the ground, a bunch of shredded shingles/deshingled roof sections, and some decapitated chimney caps here.






Springtime in Texas can be a real bitch, y'all.

Thursday's total mileage: 516.62 miles to Isengard.

0 comments: