And we start a new blog

Friday, March 21, 2008

Mainly because I might as well keep all this stuff in one place.

So, fitness, health and all that crap. Since I am a geek's geek, I have decided to walk from Minas Tirith to Bag End. No, I haven't lost my frigging mind, and yes, I know these are imaginary places no matter how large they loom in the minds of Tolkien fans. However, I can walk the same distance as the little guys did, so this is what I will do:

1625 miles: Take the road home with the hobbits from Minas Tirith to Hobbiton.

* 535 miles from Minas Tirith to Isengard
* 693 miles from Isengard to Rivendell.
* 397 miles from Rivendell to Bag End.

Because Momma has to fit into a nice dress in time for the Hugos, dontchaknow.

Friday's total mileage: 534.06 miles to Isengard.

Weight work:

Set #1
Set #2
Set #3
Set #4
Reps
12
12
12
12
Stiff-Legged Deadlift
20
20
20
20
Lat Pulldowns
30
25
25
25
Dumbbell Row
10
15
15
15
Back Hyperext.
10
10
10
10


Oh, speaking of geek fitness, you know what I miss? I miss fencing. I never knew what a violent bitch I was until I was invited to join the SFWA Musketeers and picked up my first épée. I've been hit in the boobs, whacked in the throat so hard I could barely talk for 20 minutes afterwards, and I've looked like a Dalmatian after a really good bout (I fence with SCA and Renaissance-style fencers, so it's not line fencing so much as, "I will pierce your heart with my steel and bathe in your blood!").

And I miss that. The guy I used to fence with locally isn't really doing it anymore, the Musketeers haven't fenced in yonks, and I don't know of any North Dallas groups going at the moment. I like playing with long steel, dammit, and I miss it.

0 comments: